What you learn
The programme introduces you to Python AI libraries and coding techniques, as a basis for learning how to communicate ideas and data visualisations to non-specialist audiences. It covers advanced technologies such as Machine Learning/Deep Learning and prepares you for the ethical, regulatory and social aspects of the fair use of AI.
The programme also focuses on applied AI with case studies on the use of AI in the industry including health, legal, sustainability, climate change, automobile and local government.
Your time with us will help you gain a wide range of competencies needed to progress in the field of AI with confidence and clarity. As one of our students, you’ll learn how to:
- Identify, apply, and implement a range of AI tools, algorithms, and techniques for creative problem-solving
- Clearly convey ideas and the application of AI to non-specialist audiences, as well as how to present the outcomes of AI solutions
- Critically reflect upon and address the legal, social, ethical, cultural, and professional implications of using AI
- Use knowledge of applied Machine Learning/ Deep Learning techniques, business analytics, and associated business strategies based on AI to design solutions for a range of applied fields
- Utilise various research methods to study AI, and further your understanding of business models and management to contextualise your output
- Critically reflect on the significance and impact of AI within the workplace
- Explore the horizon of AI and its real-world applications in fields such as healthcare, marketing, and the government/public sector
Hear from A.I Programme Director, Rameez Kureshi as he shares who the course is for, what students will learn, and what it's like to learn online.