What you learn
Organisations in all sectors need individuals who understand how OB, HRM, leadership, business strategies and people analytics are interrelated. During this course, you will learn about the key concepts in OB and HRM, such as psychological constructs (e.g. organisational climate, culture, commitment, turnover) and HRM practices (e.g. recruitment and selection, training and development, and performance appraisal).
You will learn how to design and implement the right People Analytics projects to inform and support whatever strategic goals your organisation is working towards. You will gain the ability to see complex situations as a whole and decide which tools and methods are most appropriate to different projects.
You will assess the impact projects will make within your organisation and their value to managers and decision-makers. You will also learn about data governance, including implementing privacy and anonymity policies, and how to implement practices to protect employee data from theft and abuse.
Throughout the course, you will gain the knowledge and confidence to
- Use quantitative and qualitative research methods, including identifying and formulating a research problem in people analytics, research design and procedures for data collection and data analysis
- Develop, adapt and validate psychometric instruments
- Use analytic techniques in statistics and data science such as descriptive and inferential statistics, unsupervised and supervised machine learning algorithms and text mining
- Use software for data science, such as Microsoft Excel, R and/or Python. Process and wrangle data
- Report results and create data visualisation strategies in a clear, concise and credible way
By the end of the course, you will have the confidence to create a People Analytics project that will maximise individual and organisational performance.