There are many benefits to submitting your application early for an online masters degree with the University of Hull Online.
From having more time to prepare your documents, to being better prepared for the start of your course, here are just some reasons why you should apply early:
1. You’ll have more time to prepare your application
Whichever online masters degree you choose to study with the University of Hull Online, you’ll need to have these documents ready when submitting your online application:
- CV/resume – An up-to-date copy of your CV/resume, including any academic/professional experience relevant to your chosen course.
- Degree transcripts – Along with your online application, you’ll need to submit copies of your degree transcripts.
- References – For most courses, you’ll need to provide two references. One of these should be an academic reference, while the other can be a work reference.
- Personal statement – This should explain why you want to study your chosen course and how you feel studying the course will support your future career goals. It’s your chance to really shine and show the admissions team why you’d be a great fit for the course, so make sure you put your best statement forward. You can get tips on writing your personal statement.
- English language test results (if English isn’t your first language) – If your first language isn’t English, you’ll need to submit a copy of your IELTS certificate or other acceptable English language proficiency qualification. You can find out what the English language requirements are for your chosen course on the relevant course page.
Applying early will give you a head-start in preparing your application so that you can easily submit it later on, without any unnecessary stress or delays. It will also give you enough time to make sure you’re putting your best application forward for your chosen course.
Need more advice on writing a successful CV?
2. You’ll have more time to meet your offer conditions
If you receive a conditional offer from us for your chosen course, you’ll need to demonstrate that you’ve met the conditions of your offer (such as achieving an IELTS test score) to be accepted into your course.
Applying early will make sure you have enough time to meet the conditions of your offer. For example, you’ll have more time to lock in dates for any tests you need to take before places are fully-booked, and to retake any tests if necessary.
3. You’ll be better-prepared to start your course
The earlier you’re accepted into your chosen course, the more time you’ll have to get ready to start.
For example, if you’re accepted early, it means you’ll have more time to do some preparatory reading to introduce you to the areas you’ll be covering during your course.
It also means you’ll have more time to plan and create a study schedule that works for you. This includes making any arrangements with people such as your manager or family to help you manage your studies comfortably alongside your work and other commitments.
Our helpful team of Course Advisers can answer any questions you may have about the University of Hull Online’s application process and give you tips to help you put your best application forward.
Complete the form below and a Course Adviser will be in touch shortly.